03 February 2008

NUS Mail Spam Filter

I must admit that the NUS mail spam filter is pretty effective. It has quite successfully junked all the spam mails that has been arriving into my email account recently. Certainly, it was much better than about a year ago, when erectile dysfunction pills and cheap watches ads still found their way into my inbox.

However, it may be working a little bit too effectively. While I never had any important mail being redirected into the spam folder, I found that some of my subscriptions to mailing lists has been considered as spam. And they're not those "useless" kind of subscription, but email alerts to journals like Physics News and Physical Review.

I thought that NUS mail would recognise the sender from a reputable organisation (@aps.org, or American Physical Society), but it seems that I may have to move them out manually. And to be honest it's feels quite queer rummaging through my spam folder, amongst the "sexual enhancements" and "designer apparels" mails for stuff on science.

2 comments:

Nakazawa said...

Don't know if it works, but if the address of your mailing list is the same every time, you could either add the address to your address book or create a rule to filter those things into your inbox

Jackson Tan said...

I've added them to my address book, but since I'm using Thunderbird the addresses just might go into the Thunderbird address book and not the NUS one. The same goes for the filter. But for now I'll see if they still go to my spam folder.