27 July 2008

Brain Lull

The vacation is, regrettably, drawing to a close pretty soon, heralded by the CORS bidding round 1A starting tomorrow. This second half of the vacation was pretty wearing, not so much because I had quite a few things keeping me occupied, but because of the rush of stuff.

Basically, I have, like, 3 main things running all at once. The first is the preamble to my final year project, which I'm quite hopelessly stuck for the moment. The second is a venture into experimental physics in measuring and synthesising nanostructures (but with very limited success on the latter). The third being my special semester module on political science. It is this last one that wore me out.

It is not that the workload is so heavy. But it is the haste in which things progressed, you know, like essays due in one week's time and lectures twice weekly with chapters of readings to do before every lecture. And then not to mention the fact that the exam is just two days after the last lecture this coming Thursday. But in any case, I can't be bothered, really. I've an S/U reserved for this module.

Nonetheless, this rush of things, together with the stall in my other projects, makes my brain feel as if someone removed it from my skull and sandpapered it. Certainly, I think it has been responding slower than usual and it's not in the usual frame of mind (which means that I may be normal for once).

No comments: