Woohoo! Here's a dash of nostalgia for everyone! Remember Red Alert? The WWII real-time strategy game that was wildly popular about a decade ago? Now you can download the CD for free from EA games website:
http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=62
And I do applaud EA games for making this move. I thought it was pretty ridiculous that some very old and classic titles remain in the hands of the publisher. When I want to play them, I can't really find them because, obviously, they're not for sale now, yet you cannot legally download them.
These are, as I understand it, called abandonware. It is still okay if the publisher ignores free copies of their games floating around the Internet; it simply gets ridiculous when they enforce their copyrights.
09 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Red Alert was a cool game, though quite unbalanced. If I recall, the Allies sucked badly, unless there was water on the map.
Well, pretty much. But they compensated for that in RA2.
Post a Comment