That's it. The end of my FYP presentation on Thursday puts an official full stop on my entire project. There is still one part which I couldn't get to work in time to include in my thesis and presentation, but nonetheless I was hoping to weed out the error and get it functioning... it's too close to give up now. But otherwise, all the assessment is over.
The FYP presentation was rather daunting, but it went smoothly enough. Us theorists were all group together (there were three concurrent groups of presentations) in the conference room, and theory projects meant theoretical physicists as assessors. This simply meant that, during the presentation, there is a row of theoretical physicists being the firing squad, and for some reasons theoreticians are much sharper in asking questions than experimentalists. So it was a sizzling spot when the Q&A section comes in. For one guy, the questions were so tough that the profs began cross-firing at each other while the poor student stood there trying to be invisible.
But it's not yet all over for me. I've undergone a grilling session; later this morning, it will be my turn to play the firing squad, interrogating the SPS students on their SP2171 presentation... To be honest, it's a rather queer feeling, watching juniors walking the paths that I have taken just a few years ago.
A few years ago... doesn't sound very long, and yet it stands on opposite end of the undergraduate track. Not too long ago indeed, yet it felt like eons since I've talked about cosmological inflation as a first year student.
Yeah, not too long ago, I just matriculated.
18 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment