21 September 2009

Here Comes the Beatles

Quite a handful of months back, I was looking for the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, and I sure had quite a lot of trouble finding it. MJ, I was sure, does not have it; but it turns out that my favourite Sembawang Music Centre at Sengkang were devoid of that particular album as well. Looking high and low, I eventually found it tucked away in a quiet corner at Borders.

Later on, I was looking for another album Abbey Road, and even HMV at City Link doesn't have it either (though it had a few other Beatles album which I bought - such as Rubber Soul). It seems that the Beatles albums are really rare...

So I decided to purchase them through Amazon. Sure, there are hefty delivery costs to Singapore, but I think the savings in terms of time, import costs and hair (from all those frustration) are worth it. So I made an order late last month, and a neat package swooshed in a few days ago, carrying:



Whoopie! It wasn't too costly, by the way. The CDs themselves are quite cheap, with most of the albums either US$9.99 or US$12.99 (only The Beatles a.k.a. White Album goes up to US$18.99 because of its comparative length).

But it appears that this set which I've just bought - a remastered set, according to the description - is part of the release to promote The Beatles: Rock Band. And what's more, because it's a new release, they greeted me on the shelves of Sembawang Music Centre! Argh!

Fortunately, it all works down to about the same price, since price tags call for S$19.90 or S$25.90 or something in those ranges. And, whatever it is, I've finally have 'em all!



(Ya, the last one is a bit out of place, but whatever!)

No comments: