13 January 2010

Old Laptop to Giveaway

My Thinkpad T43, bought in mid-2005, has lasted me very handsomely through my undergraduate days, requiring only a replacement of keyboard and the cooling fan. Most of the other parts are still intact, especially the battery which is usually the first to go down. The only drawback is its weight, a hefty 2.3 kg.

However, recently I got a new laptop with stylus capability (and one that is much lighter), so that note taking and PDF annotation will be much easier. This means that I no longer need this T43 anymore, so I've decided to give it away free to any friend who might need it, and will take good care of it (sorry, some sort of sentimentality at work here).

If no one wants, I can trade it in for some cash, but I don't think I can get much from a laptop of nearly five years old anyway. So any takers?

Just a point of note: the laptop comes with Windows XP pre-installed, but I've wiped it out into Ubuntu (much faster, really). I still have the recovery discs, but I dunno if they still work.

No comments: