07 March 2010
More Updates
Updates: still no internet connection at my hall. The situation has now elevated to a tussle between the university's IT department and the service provider. Hopefully, the isolation will end by the end of next week. Meanwhile, it is going to the campus libraries to use the computers there (and thus involve quite some thumbdriving between them and my laptop). But the libraries are not always open: for example, on weekends it's after one in the afternoon before the doors are unlocked.
Meanwhile, on Friday I went to the welcome dinner at the Singapore High Commission. Good news: the food was good (and finally a curry that taste right); bad news: the HC was secluded and I got quite lost while cycling there; ugly news: it was raining, a rare for Canberra. I ended up with wet shoes and jeans, and spent the time chatting with the people there while eqiupped with squelchy socks.
Yesterday, I finally managed to find time to go for a leisurely cycle. A thunderstorm was forecasted, but failed to appear. Instead, the clouds went and dumped hail in Melbourne. In Canberra it was a slightly overcast but otherwise sunny afternoon.
Tomorrow is Canberra Day. Nothing on my schedule yet. Ah well, what's the rush?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment