28 June 2010

Reversing Out of Facebook

For a couple of months, this blog has laid silent. Part of the reason is the increasing workload and real life commitments. But another part comes from using Facebook as an alternative.

Facebook is great for quick snippets of posts and it does automatically alert friends to what you're saying. Contrast this with blogging, in which people will be informed of an update if they subscribe to the feed or check the blog. It is like a very centralised RSS feed reader with a user-friendly and fast interface.

But soon I found it cumbersome. Much as it keeps me aware of things happening to other people, sometimes there is just information overload. Moreover, I found it hard to write longer posts like these.

I'll still be on Facebook, and I'll be alerted to important (in a relative sense) messages through email, but I think I'll still stick to my blog.

No comments: