I think I'm going to die from stress. Strangely enough, this stress doesn't come from a terribly lack of time. Instead it arises out of the inability to understand certain concepts that are taught, causing me to be stuck at one point while everything else moves on, further and further away from me.
Today I was drained beyond imagination. After a gruelling Electricity and Magnetism lecture and an unforgiving Mathematical Methods in Physics test, I felt like melting. I was hungry but had no appetite for lunch. After forcing my meal down, I felt like eating more even though I was full. I even ate down a few pieces of dried chilli (used as seasoning) that most people usually leave alone.
Luckily, Yao was there to console me, by my side, sort of guiding me step-by-step out of the mental mess I dropped myself in. It was fortunate that I took her advice not to do any work for the next half hour until the next lecture, for if I didn't, I would've turned into a puddle of human liquid in LT22. The SPS library, full of exotic collections, just had a huge Garfield comic book and the first book of the PHD Comics collection as the perfect tool for de-stress.
Well, right now the worst is over; I've ridden over the tide. But now, another one is rising... my Electricity and Magnetism tutorial is mind-boggling. And the test is next Monday. Dagomir (the lecturer) expressed his wishes that the test won't be a disaster. I bet his wish won't come true.
06 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh man.. I actually also get into this kind of state several times during a sem, doubting and fustrated with myself. Its always best to just relax yourself and take half day off from all these. So yup, hang in there, dude!
PS: And dun eat too much chilli..unhealthy lar..lol
PS2: I supposed Yao is ur girlfriend, heh, well done. =)
Heh ya, thanks! I've gotten out of that terrible state, and I'm really taking a break today... doing little or no school work at all. Actually, eating those chilli aren't that bad lah, since it is not those scorching type, but then again it is not at all tasty... I'm not sure why I even ate that.
And really, if not for Yao, I would've stuck in that state for a longer period of time. And ya, she's my girlfriend.
Post a Comment