Singapore, being a meritocratic and pragmatic country, and also an elitist one, focus a lot on academic abilities, especially in the field of politics. It is reflected clearly in the MPs' and ministers' academic records - unblemised results and prestigeous scholarships. Even Lee Kuan Yew acknowledges that in choosing political candidates, academic achievements are very important. Exams, thus, is a political sieve that retains the roughest, toughest minds for political succession.
That's the politics of exam. Bah! I'll need that in tomorrow's exam of politics.
GEK2003 Government and Politics of Singapore. 29th November 2006. 1700.
The third wave.
29 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Woah all ur battle dates the same as mine thus far. Heh, having my SS, nation building in singapore, later. S/u-ed liao, so not much worries.
Wow, a blow-by-blow analysis for 2 weeks? Heh...
After this, you would have gone through more than 50%, excluding that SP thingy, "for all engineering purposes"... 3outta5 ~ 50%
Don't forget, "life goes on", don't get wiped off before "paradise" comes!
The paper wasn't too bad. Thought I wrote out of point for one of the essay questions (which is 20% of the total assessment), but a quick check with Yao after the exams revealed that it was not too bad. I might've missed the point, but I'm not too far off.
My right fingers are nearly broken from two hours of insane writing though (there were three essays in total). I think I can manage a 'S' for this.
Interestingly enough, one of the essay topics I've chosen is on PAP's renewal policies. PAP's elitist policies that focuses on academic abilities.
Omg omg, why I wrote so much for a s/u-ed paper?? I actually used 2 booklets...i remember soci i only used one.. lol
Heh, can write so much cos i also studied the correct topics. I focused on the political activities from 1955 - 1965 and public housing and both came out! Wahaha!
write so much for an s/u paper? relac a bit, write a bit, once finish, walk out.
That's what i did for my SS and that's what i planned to do for my GEK next mon. Heh.
Well, firstly, you'll never know how much is enough. It is always best to do as much as possible. The last thing you want is to get a 'U' for a module you thought you had passed.
Also, it is for completeness. It won't be nice just to do only part of the exam, or to put in half-hearted effort into it
Yea man, always put in the bestest effort in everything you do! Die lar, my EE2011 engineering electromagnetics is quite screwed also; i hate myself for being so damn careless..
sqrt(X) = 6
hence, X = sqrt(6)????
Who in the hell make this kind of stupid mistake??? =((
Post a Comment