Campus-wide wireless
From my understanding, ANU only has wireless in select areas like the library, and I do wonder the connection speed...
Free Internet access
The days of finding a LAN port and enjoying high-speed Internet access will be over. Firstly, I'm not sure if I can find LAN ports just anywhere in the campus. Well, there's LAN in the hostel room, but secondly, Internet costs 7 cents per megabyte. So don't expect me to be on MSN or uploading photos online frequently.
Food
Now I finally understand the ramen culture often depicted in PHD comic strips, such as the one below.

There's of course hall catering if I opt for it, but they're not cheap. The cheapest food outlets there are cafeterias. Anything cheaper, I will have to cook it myself.
Hostel
Well, of course I have to stay in hostel. And naturally, I do expect them to be more expensive than NUS's hostels. But three times more? Or five times more for those with meals? Hmm... that's way beyond my expectations, really.
I think I shall have to enjoy NUS while I can.





No comments:
Post a Comment