While it is true that ANU, or Australia for that matter, has in general for more relaxed lifestyle than in NUS, that, I suppose, is a result of perspective of the people there. The workload is the same; it's just that people are less bothered with it.
I supposed I can't kick off my Singaporean mentality altogether. Right now I'm crumbling under the weight of assignments and essays. And the Singaporean mentality rears its head even higher when the fact that these assessments do comprise a significant proportion of the grade (usually at least 20%) is taken into account.
And I'm probably the few who are doing so diverse a set of courses: two physics, one astrophysics and one philosophy. Here at ANU, there is absolutely no restrictions to what courses one must take (with the exception of those required by one's major). No breadths, no faculty requirements, no GEM, no SS... no wonder so many students here are double majors - it's so easy to be one!
Enough from chatting... back to my two incomplete assignments due tomorrow. ARGGGHHHH!!!!
09 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment