29 November 2007

Bogged Down by Administratium Again...

I was initially thinking of returning slightly earlier so that I have more time to handle NUS administratium, but not unexpectedly, the flights from Australia to Singapore in the week between Christmas and New Year are fully booked. Which means I will only be returning early January. Not a big deal, actually. Which also means that I need to extend my visa.

That turns out to be quite more trouble than I predicted. Firstly, I cannot do an online application simply because I am in Australia. Erm... okay. So I had to call the immigration department here, resulting in me put on waiting for 30 minutes just so I can talk to the immigration officer for 30 seconds. And he told me I need to submit a paper application.

So that means I need to head down to the immigration department office, but given the perverse state of administratium, I hope that will not consume my entire morning.

And that is only one source of administratium I'm facing at the current moment.

No comments: