I did my enrolment on Tuesday and Wednesday, thus making me officially an ANU student for this semester. But the enrolment was far from smooth. Firstly, the first counter was a little messy, with me lining up at a queue for international students for fifteen minutes before realising that I was supposed to queue at another counter for exchange students (which was hidden at the corner behind that snaking queue I was in). Then, for some horribly odd reason, the course advice booth for the College of Science was totally crowded while the others were pretty empty. I had to wait an hour before it was my turn.
When I first applied for exchange, I had to put down a list of courses I intend to take. Two of them were rejected, and there was one I didn't want to take. The vice-dean attending to me told me to seek departmental approval, which leads me to go all the way to the Physics Department, just to find out it deserted. By then, I had enough and decided to put things aside for the time being. The next day, I talked to someone in the department, who told me to return sometime later as the head of department would be back and he may help me. So I thought I might as well try and complete my enrolment first, but it turns out that another person who attended to me said there was no need to "approve" the courses I need to take so long NUS does so. Guess I went to the wrong guy in the first day...
Well, anyway, at least these administrative hell in over for the time being. Guess administratium is pervasive globally.
12 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment