Yup, yup. Just when I thought, with my exchange in Australia ending, I can finally say goodbye to administratium, I realised that that was such a naive thought. Administratium seems ever pervasive in the Australian climate, and this time it concerns my results.
Nope, they're all quite fine. Passed all my courses, meaning I'll be getting the modular credits in NUS no matter what the grades are. All except for my astrophysics course. I still don't know the grade yet, though I'm pretty certain I'll pass. And the reason why I don't have the grade is because of some... surprise, surprise! Administratium!
To cut the long story short, and then throw away the short part, my official grade for that course is "result pending". Not that it's a problem with me, but I'm more worried about the transferring of credits over to NUS. I'll need to request for a transcript at the ANU office before I leave, but I certainly want to make sure the grade's up there and proper before I have it printed out. If this episode drags on, I may have to leave with a non-final transcript and then, when the grade got sorted out, get my transcript mailed to Singapore. Too much a hassle, too much administratium.
Oh please, oh please. Let this be my final encounter with Australian administratium. Don't be mistaken. I like Australia very much, but I'm quite afraid I'm not used to administratium yet.
On a side note, I have to admit it could've been worse. I have heard from a Singaporean studying here that the administration somehow lost her grades (yes, permanently), resulting in her having to retake the exam months after she has completed the course.
On a second side note, I find that, as compared to NUS, it is easier to secure a higher grade. Maybe the exams/assignments are easier, or perhaps the other students are not as hardworking, or maybe I'm already accustomed to the head-banging studying culture in NUS, but my grades are pretty favourable. In fact, for the two physics courses I've taken, I got high distinctions (roughly equivalent to NUS's A), the highest grade they have.
29 December 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment