The "almost" was to justify the short moment when we got lost while cycling on the dirt track. The map showed that the route ought to connect to a track road, but it went in a circle instead. That, however, did not throw us off too long (we were there early anyway), and we caught Chek Jawa at the lowest tide of ~0.3 m and the intertidal region was exposed.

Chek Jawa exposed. If the water was a mere 0.2 m higher, this entire region will be flooded.

Fiddler Crabs. Plenty of them in the higher regions (which are also exposed during "high" low tides), so they're pretty much common sight.

I think these are the colonial ascidians.

Found this shrimp digging a hole by dumping out dirt. It was quite hard to capture it because it was constantly in its hole, coming out once every ten seconds to cast out some dirt (which rapidly blurs the surrounding water).

This should be a carpet anemone. It supposedly can stun a fish by stinging it and then swallow it in a popiah fashion.

Some eggs on the rocky shore. Not sure which organism it belongs to... Probably some snails'.

The obligatory group photo at the Ubin jetty.
Okay, next trip there, I'll make sure I get a guided tour so I can go down there.





No comments:
Post a Comment