25 June 2009

A Day of Massive HTML Coding

Spent the entire afternoon and evening modifying the HTML code for my website. I've got all the formatting onto CSS now, so that cleans up the code a lot; but this also meant a massive job at it.

So now it sports a cleaner look, though I haven't had the time to add more content.

Nonetheless, I think it was time well spent. I upgraded my HTML knowledge by a huge margin. Not sure if that'll ever come in useful, but watching my webpage load up neatly is quite a satisfaction. And with the entire site on CSS, it'll be much easier in the future for me to modify any formatting of the site.

Not that it matters, right? Heh, like anyone visits the site... But it's all for myself, I suppose. Really, I mean it... the Notes section is particularly useful when I need to check some information offhand from another terminal.

2 comments:

The Negative Man said...

Won't the entire site be taken out after you graduate ?

Jackson Tan said...

Oh no... at least not in the current policy. The SPS server space allocated to me will be mine forever, unless some future sysad decides to change the policy.

But I doubt this will happen. Server space to alumni is maintained because sometimes the active administration may need to send mail to everyone, though whether they are read or not is, of course, unknown.