I went to attend my cousin's wedding dinner in town yesterday evening. Being in the Scotts/Orchard Road area, the traffic was of course horrendous. But what I witnessed yesterday was way beyond my expectations. I'm not sure if it's the approaching Christmas or the weekend, but both when I drove into Scotts Road at about seven and when I exited the area at about eleven, it was jam all the way.
Typically, if I were on my own, I would've taken the MRT. Yes, it's sardine-people instead of sardine-cars, but at least I'm moving. But I was chauffeuring my grandparents and parents (conveniently being a non-alcohol drinker) so I have no choice but to contribute to the crammed roads. The parking would've been murderous if it weren't for the special lot allocated to my grandparents, being the VIP of the dinner.
Man, one more reason why I don't like Orchard Road.
20 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment