My revision seems to be on track at the start, but now it seems to be going in all directions (which averages out to be circles). Mathematical Methods was rather easy to revise... not that the subject is easy, but for maths, it's usually do revision questions. But for Quantum Mechanics and Electricity & Magnetism, things are terribly haywire, primarily because the lecturers are the first time teaching these modules and are blazing a new trail, so no past questions or model to follow... and no idea what the mid-term tests will be like.
Sigh... what a mess, what a mess...
Hell, I don't even know the scope of the test for QM, since the lecturer himself did not say. And what's more, he doesn't really follow the textbook, so there isn't much questions that I could work on (if any). And for his tutorials, they're all focussed on only one of the two main topics he taught so far; the other topic follows a textbook which has no questions (because it's not so much a textbook but transcripts of lectures - the famous Feynman Lectures on Physics).
EM, EM... where do I begin? All I can say is that I feel I'm gonna fail this subject. The first two tutorials were rather easy, but the following one was as hard as hell. For just the first question, I literally spent hours on it, and still cannot get the answer. And then the rest of the questions were not easy either - not something I could do under the pressure of tests/exams. And there's quite a number of concepts that are dizzyingly complex.
And my projects on a complete halt so that I can prepare for tests, seeing what I've done (for my revision), I doubt it feels justified.
That's the suckiness of life.
29 September 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
EM is hard. I struggled like hell with it the first time I learned it. However, if you make the effort to really learn it well, then it's downhill all the way. EM is really important.
Who is teaching it? Is it Paul Lim? Or Lim Hock?
Dagomir is teaching it. This is the first time he's teaching this module. And I'm not the only one who finds the tutorial unbearably tough.
And ya... I'm really intending to understand the concepts well because I planning to take Electrodynamics in the future.
Post a Comment