27 December 2006

Good News, Bad News, and More Bad News

Well, well, results are out, and they're better than my expectations. Which is not unexpected, given my low expectations in the first place. However, particularly shocking is one module which I got an A+ for (my first, in fact). Considering that I failed one of the term tests, I have no high hopes for this module. Sure, that term test had lots of failures, but there was also someone who scored prefect for it. I was so stunned that I almost wanted to submit a review to see if the lecturer made a mistake, but the $10 fee stopped me.

That's for good news. Bad news: my student exchange module mapping is spiralling out of control. Okay, that's exaggerating, but I fear things are heading that way. First, one module which I thought could be mapped for PC3274 Mathematical Methods in Physics 2 (which I dearly want to take) turns out to be offered in the semester I am not going on exchange. It was an oversight on my part when I did the initial mapping, but still, it's quite a bummer. And then, when I thought Philosophy of Science couldn't be a more ideal module to be mapped as a breadth... surprise surprise! It's not offered in 2007!

Now for local (bad) news: module clashes in the coming semester is driving me mad. Okay, firstly, I didn't know that CORS bidding has already started until this morning! Fortunately, I already planned the modules to take. Unfortunately, many of them clash like the most impressive NDP fireworks. PC3232 Nuclear and Particle Physics is a module I must take (so that I won't screw up my module plan). PH2213 Metaphysics is one brilliant module I've marked down for my breadth. Clash. I thought of moving my minor module MA3215 3-Dimensional Differential Geometry down next semester to fill up that gap. Clash. And I got one Singapore Studies module to clear. I thought SSA1201 Singapore Society will be a nice guy to tackle. Exam clash with PC3130 Quantum Mechanics 2. Try as I might, I can only find, so far, five modules (including some undecided Singapore Studies module) to take next semester. I'm feeling desperate by the minute...

As the Chinese saying goes, 福无双至,祸不单行.

2 comments:

JH said...

Wah congrats lar, let me guess, its EM that u got A+. Ha. Well, me too, better than expected. =)

Jackson Tan said...

Heh, not that. It's actually PC2174 Mathematical Methods in Physics 1 that got me the A+. You can see the disastrous term test results on his webpage (it's the second term test).

Congratulations to you too for your excellent results!