After a series of administrative headaches during my enrolment, I hit some more today. Being an exchange student, I would naturally have none of the prerequisites for the courses I am taking, so the staff would have to waive the requirements for me. I saw them do just that for all four courses I am taking, but only two turns up on my WebCT (the equivalent of IVLE).
This resulted me in spending about an hour, first in the International Education Office (IEO) to fill up a form, then to the office of the Physics Department about ten minutes' walk away to get the signature, during which I was interrogated by a professor on my knowledge of quantum mechanics (that being a prerequisite to the courses I needed waiving). Then I returned to the IEO to find out that I needed a department stamp, leading me to shuttle to and from the department again.
And all these is a bit of a waste of time since all the courses should have appeared on my WebCT in the first place.
13 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment