19 August 2008

The Finality of Another Chapter

Just last weekend, the SPS Newbie Orientation Camp soared through pages of fun, laughter and joy. Perhaps it is never an exaggeration to say that this was the most ambitious and successful orientation camp organised by SPS, and I think it is a safe bet that most of the newbies had loads of pleasure and sweet memories of the camp.

From the organisers' point of view - I wasn't an organiser; I was merely a kay-poh senior - everything went smoothly enough, and it was a relief and pleasant surprise when some problems that cropped up during the camp self-resolved: missing handphone and glasses were found (and in a rather fortunate manner, I must add). The temperamental bouts of rain did add a bit of disruption to Saturday's activities, but at least it wasn't those kind of long periods of downpour that would certainly ruin the camp itself.

Personally, this is probably the last kind of these camps I'll be so involved in. Maybe I'll drop by next year's NOC, but it will be quite different. Well, life's always moving on, and with the final year of my undergraduate time fading into history, I suppose I'll just have to hold on to the memories while I move on to the next phase.

No comments: