Yesterday I discovered that my thumb drive has finally went on to the great beyond. It probably died after I dropped the bunch of keys to which it was attached. A mere 128 MB thumb drive that came along as a free gift with my laptop, it has faithfully served me for more than two years, quite a formidable feat for today's technology as well as what it went through during its life.
It displayed every sign of resilience and toughness. I cannot remember the number of times it has kissed the floor, but I would say that averages about once a month. And I will never forget the incident when I forgot to take it out of my pocket before doing my laundry, thus giving it a swim in the washing machine, and it survived.
Fortunately, no data was lost, for the thumb drive is used primarily for file transfer and secondarily for backup. Nonetheless, it was a bit of a loss, as I have never expected such strength from a thumb drive, and this I admire.
27 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment