06 September 2007

Thawing a Chicken

One of the major headaches of cooking on my own is the thawing of the food (washing the dishes is another). Frozen meat, especially chicken, are so hard to thaw. The proper way is of course to bring it out of the freezer hours before cooking, but sometimes it's quite hard to predict what I'll be cooking, and sometimes I'll just forget.

Washing with hot water or putting the frozen meat into the microwave oven is a quick solution to separating the individual pieces of meat, but that doesn't always work if I'm just taking a small portion. And even if I succeeded in separating the pieces, frozen meat isn't exactly easy to cut.

But if you think about it, there's quite some energy wasted in freezing the food and letting it thaw. So here's a way to reduce energy consumption:



Oh wait... it's winter here... Hmm...

No comments: