23 September 2007

A Duck's Life

In ANU there are a hell lot of ducks. Quite understandable given that there are numerous bodies of water lying around the campus, including a creek that runs right through it.

Everyday I would see ducks, waddling over the place, nibbling on the field (though what they're doing in exact is still a mystery to me), floating around ponds, nestled in the grass, quacking about... Which made me wonder... is that all a duck does?

I mean, looking at the ducks, especially those on campus that doesn't have any predators (except for cars, maybe), they just seem to live their lives away. Eating, shitting, sleeping, eating... and maybe mating because I saw some ducklings the other day... sleeping... That's what they do every day, every month, every year, all in their lives.

What a boring way to lead a life.

But isn't ours not too far off as well?

No comments: