31 March 2008

When Nature Strikes

When I went home yesterday I found out from my family that a lightning struck the house on Thursday. No one knew what happened in exact... definitely it struck the lightning rod, but it also ripped off the bark of a tree and struck two holes in the balcony ledge:



The casualties: four TVs, one cordless phone unit, the automatic gates, my brother's fish tank pump, and the LAN cable connecting my computer to the router. As such I was Internet-less over the weekend. It was fortunate that my computer was pretty much unscathed... and I think I have to give credit to the $20+ surge protector that I bought. Otherwise my highscores important data will all be fried.

But I think the greatest luck was that no one got hurt... If anyone were standing near the windows where the lightning struck (just below the ledge), it can be potential damage to the ears, not to mention quite possibly being knocked out.

No comments: